Friday, January 18, 2013

Teen Summer Reading Programs

I'm gearing up for summer. I've decided not to use the teen theme or the teen art. It's just not my thing. I don't like the art. It's confusing to me and to the teens I've talked with. Instead, we're stealing the adult art and theme.

Isn't that cool?

I've started (with some help of teen interns) creating program ideas based off of the hand coming out of the ground. We're going to be doing a monster/zombie program. I've started a Pinterest board on the Otis Library site.  Some of the ideas will be fore display, some books will be listed, and some program ideas.

Program ideas that the teen interns loved:
Zombie/Monster cooking contest - bring in an item that you've created
Zombie/Monster ball (finale program) - with monster cookies (Pinterest) and monster shakes (Pinterest)
Learn the Thriller Dance
Marshmallow Monsters/Zombies (this program was supposed to be last year but was canceled due to a hurricane) - also from Pinterest
Zombie Make-up
Zombify a Barbie

I'm working on creating a calendar that will have these programs and more for the summer.

No comments:

Post a Comment