Friday, January 10, 2014

Themed Months: January

We're trying something new out in the library this year: Themed Months. January is fantasy month and all over the library, we have displays of books of various levels. Some of the programs we host throughout the year will be connected to the theme.. From my Staff Picks shelf to our Pinterest Board to programs of all ages, we're trying to create a more uniform library targeting all ages.

For January, I chose a simple program of creating a Dragon Mural.There were a few teens really excited about the program and a few teens who were sorry they missed it. I supplied a few books and one photo of a dragon to get them started, but they took off from there.



The final product hasn't been completed, but here's the first half of the dragon.


I admit, I'm very impressed, I could have never drawn a dragon. Once it's finished, I'll use it in a display of books about dragons. 

No comments:

Post a Comment