Friday, November 15, 2013

Glitter Rings

This week, I made Glitter Rings at the library. It was easy and tons of fun. Plus if you have glitter on hand, it's not expensive. I bought flat rings at a craft store for less than $10. I found the craft on Pinterest and modified it.

Here's how we did it:
1. We used a paper plate for the glitter.
2. Painted a layer of Modge Podge on the ring.
3. Then dipped the ring in the glitter (most the rings were a color combination).
4. After that layer dried, we added another layer of Modge Podge over it to seal in the glitter.
5. Then it dried and it's done.

Between steps 4 and 5 takes awhile. I gave them bowls to carry out the rings and let them settle overnight.

The results:

Theirs:


My favorite one I created:

Warning: These are addicting!

Idea: A perfect program to host around Prom season or homecoming to create rings to match dresses. 

No comments:

Post a Comment