Friday, May 17, 2013

Teen Passive Programs

Do you have passive programs at your library? Do they work?

In all honestly, they haven't quite worked for me in previous times. But I'm hoping to change that this summer. I'm trying to focus on fewer programs, but more exciting ones.

Hopefully the passive programs will gain interest. As I'm doing a Zombie/Monster program with Groundbreaking Reads, that will be the focus. I'm going to try monster art, zombie playlist, zombie wordle, and skull art.

I'm hoping the skull art will be in the vein of Giuseppe Arcimboldo and his seasonal paintings



I'm giving small prizes for these contests and I hope to use the material for decorations at our finale event. Is there anything else I should consider?

Thanks for helping! Plus if you've had a successful passive program, will you share it in the comments?

2 comments:

  1. I do passive programs at my library, I think the key is to have a prize that's exciting enough to get the kids to participate. For one of our programs the prize was a gift certificate for a free meal at a specific restaurant, it worked like a charm.

    ReplyDelete